Delta Air Lines will begin offering a new travel option for SkyMiles customers which provides access to some of the airline’s most popular enhanced travel extras such as checked bags, priority boarding and seat selection for $199. The new package, called Smart Travel Pack, introduces a practical and affordable way for customers to add a suite of extra services and additional comfort for their upcoming business or personal travel.
“We’ve made it simple for customers to add the most popular travel extras that give them added comfort and convenience,” said Tim Mapes, Delta’s senior vice president – Marketing. “Our new Smart Travel Pack is a great way for SkyMiles members and their companions to enjoy the additional services while making the most of their budgets.”
An eligible SkyMiles member who purchases the Smart Travel Pack will receive:
- Free first checked bag for each passenger traveling in the same reservation
- Priority Boarding to give the entire party more time to get onboard and get settled in their seats with carry-on baggage stowed
- Access to Preferred Seats to allow selection of bulkhead or exit row seats or access aisle or window seat toward the front of the plane at no additional charge
- Discounted Economy Comfort which gives customers the option to upgrade to Economy Comfort for 50 percent less on domestic flights and 25 percent less on international flights
- 20 percent more bonus miles for the SkyMiles member who purchases the Smart Travel Pack to get them to their next Award Ticket faster
SkyMiles members may purchase the Smart Travel Pack on delta.com for new or existing travel through Jan 5, 2014, regardless of travel purchase date. Once purchased, the benefits of the Smart Travel Pack will be included for any travel during the promotional period when customers include their SkyMiles number in their reservation.
Package features are valid for the SkyMiles member who purchases the Smart Travel Pack during the promotion period and up to eight friends or family members traveling with them with the exception of bonus miles which are only awarded to the primary purchaser’s SkyMiles account. More information, complete details and full terms and conditions for each feature of the Smart Travel Pack are available at delta.com/smart.